It’s Tuesday, December 22nd, just three days until Christmas and nine days away from ending this dumpster fire of a year. The New Mexico Black Leadership Council is out with its list of the best Black Christmas songs ever. Find them below and cast your vote while you sing along.
Let’s get to the news:
- More than 6,900 New Mexico businesses, public institutions and non-profits have reported a positive test on-site in December alone.
- Odds are, you’ve been to one of them and probably didn’t know it.
- The data list is so large it’s almost impossible to navigate if you are trying to plan your essential shopping trips, so we mapped it all out to let you search for hot spots in your neighborhood. Give it a try in our story link below.
- The State is also launching FREE at-home COVID-19 testing kits for anyone who asks. Get yours here.
- Today is also the last day for low-income seniors to pick up free groceries from Bernalillo County.
In non-COVID-19 news:
- Over 350 new jobs and 7 large planes are coming to Kirtland AFB.
- Candidates to replace Rep. Haaland-NM1 are beginning to surface. Largely an insider game to be orchestrated by the political parties, you may recognize some of the faces considering throwing their hats into the ring.
- Our own Jonathan Sims will have a first look at Haaland’s historic tenure in Congress and a Native perspective on her future in tomorrow’s edition of The Paper. right here in your inbox and on stands.
- Also tomorrow, Carolyn Carlson on the City Hall beat breaks down APD’s use-of-force data — released two years late.
By the way, you’re totally running out of time if you still need to get gifts for your loved ones. Need some help? Check out our local gift guide and #shoplocal.
— Tierna Unruh-Enos,
Associate Publisher and Managing Editor
New in The Paper. this week.
More than 6,900 businesses, public institutions and non-profits have reported a positive COVID-19 case on-site in December, according to data released by the state today. […read]
SANTA FE – Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Tuesday announced New Mexicans may now order […]
From the Office of U.S. Sen. Martin Heinrich News: WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Sen. Martin […]
Kirtland Air Force Base has been selected by the Air Force as the home of […]
Legislators line up to replace Haaland — but she’s not even gone, yet. […]
🎄Get in the spirit.
Get in the holiday spirit with the New Mexico Black Leadership Council’s top Black Christmas songs list! Plus, vote for your favorites! […check it out here]
We thought you might find this useful, too…
Bernalillo County and Silver Horizons will offer free groceries to low-income senior citizens (60+) at […read]
Like having local, independent news?
Support the journalists writing it.
Our advertisers support our platform (tell them you saw them in The Paper when you visit!) but we rely on reader revenue to pay the local, independent journalists bringing us content like this. Support a journalist by becoming a supporter today.