Yay! You are having an event. Let’s tell our readers.
You must be logged in to submit a community event. If you have not registered before you will be prompted to create an account to access the submission dashboard.
Readers are encouraged to submit their own community events to The Paper’s events calendar. Submissions which include criminal, misleading or fraudulent content will be removed. Ditto for events which exclude persons for being a human (race, sex, sexual identity, disability, religious beliefs or lack thereof etc. Age restrictions may be appropriate for adult-venues). In other words: be nice and invite everyone.
Submitted events are subject to a review before publication which may include edits for obvious errors or formatting. The submitter remains solely responsible for the content and comply with all applicable terms and conditions (see below).
I want to feature my event. Can I do that? Yes. Community events are free. Organizers have several options to feature their event on our calendar, in print or in our emails. Contact us at 505.300.4087 for advertising rates.
Have questions? See our FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
My event happens every month/week. Do I have to repost each one? Nope. Look for the recurring event options and set the post details to replicate as needed.
Something changed in my event (or I found a typo). How do I update it? That’s easy. Just login to your dashboard and edit the post (all edits require a new review by our staff before they are published).
I submitted an event but I don’t see it on the calendar. What’s up? All community events are reviewed by our staff before publishing. This usually happens by the next business day (sometimes sooner). If you submitted your post on a weekend, holiday or after hours check back after our next day in the office.
Community Events Terms & Conditions
By submitting any content, including all photos/images to The Paper (User Submissions), you are the responsible party or are acting at the direction of a responsible party and are authorized to agree to these terms:
- Represent and warrant that you own or have all necessary rights and permissions to use, and authorize The Paper to use all intellectual property rights in and to any User Submission, and to enable inclusion and use thereof in connection with our usage;
- represent and warrant that your User Submission does not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property or proprietary right, or any right of privacy and hold harmless and will defend The Paper for claims of misuse;
- Represent and warrant that your User Submission does not promote criminal, fraudulent or misleading activity or information, exclude persons because of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or perception of such (age restrictions may be required for adult venues);
- Understand that The Paper does not guarantee, and is not under any obligation of, confidentiality with respect to any User Submission, and agree that any User Submission is provided on a non-proprietary and non-confidential basis;
- Grant The Paper a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works based upon, display, perform, and otherwise exploit, the User Submission for our purposes;
- Agree that The Paper shall have the right, but not the obligation to, edit, delete, modify, reformat, or translate any User Submission submitted by you, at any time, without notice to you, and for any reason.
The Paper shall include its owners, publisher, staff, contractors and others it deems necessary to perform its operations, including but not limited to Good Trouble LLLP, and Ctrl+P Inc.