The ABQ BioPark is celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Botanic Garden and Aquarium with a special Retro Price Day this Friday, February 25. Admission prices will be the same as they were 25 years ago: $4.50 for adults and $2.50 for children ages 3-12. As always, children 2 and under, and members carrying a valid ID are free.
The Botanic Garden and Aquarium opened on December 5, 1996, and the BioPark will be rolling out special events throughout this year to commemorate the anniversary. While visitors are at the Botanic Garden and Aquarium, they can:
- Try to spot some of the season’s early sprouts
- Bird watch throughout the garden
- Check out otters Mayhem, Chaos and Dixon
- Watch divers clean the Shark Tank and feed the animals at 2 p.m.
- Explore creepy crawlies at the BUGarium
- Check out the spring flower show in the Mediterranean Conservatory
The BioPark encourages visitors to buy tickets online in advance.